QueTwo's Blog

thouoghts on telecommunications, programming, education and technology

Creating a Windows AIR Native Extension with Eclipse – Part 3

In part 3 of this video series, I talk about how to write the AS3 portion of the AIR Native Extension, and how to package all the components into your final .ANE file.

You can watch part one here, and part two here.  Part four will talk about how to use the .ANE within Flash Builder.  I will post all the files used in this tutorial in the final blog post.

About these ads

6 responses to “Creating a Windows AIR Native Extension with Eclipse – Part 3

1. Webwatt November 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm

When will part 4 be available? Great presentation thus far!!!

• quetwo November 12, 2011 at 11:57 am

Unfortunatly, I am waiting for approval from Adobe to include Flash Builder 4.6 in my presentation which makes including ANEs a snap. So, for right now part 4 is on hold.

2. flashandrc February 13, 2012 at 3:42 am

Hey Nick, when I’m packaging all my files into the ANE, I keep receiving error 101: missing namespace in descriptor.xml. Now my descriptor.xml is same as yours, except for the values in id, version and nativeLibrary, I’ve also tried to use .bat files to generate the ANE from https://raw.github.com/magicalhobo/FREImageProcessor/master/ImageProcessor/bin/package.bat,it also pops up error 101, namespace missing in descriptor.xml. Has anything changed since you made the video?

3. flashandrc February 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thanks for the video tutorial! Really helps. Ignore or delete my comment above, I followed exactly what you said and it ran, probably did something wrong in the native code part. Cheers.

4. flashandrc February 14, 2012 at 4:07 am

Hey Nick, I’m receiving invalid extension descriptor again when I was packaging my own project. The layout is basically exactly the same as yours, except for functions and calling functions from another source files, but I can’t find what the problem is.

5. masta May 24, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Nick, thanks for all the work you do. I got as far as the adt packaging, however, I keep getting a descriptor.xml error 102: invalid namespace http//:ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.0. I’ve tried other versions, and also downloaded latest air sdk…still no luck. Any ideas? TIA,

Les